What is a House Concert?
Simply put, a house concert is an invitation-only music performance in someone’s home, presented by a host who does not profit from the event. Traditionally, artists are paid by a suggested donation ($10-20) requested of each attendee.
Most house concerts are:
- held indoors
- attended by 10-50 people
- put on inexpensively, often free for the host!
- known to include light snacks, beverages or a pot-luck dinner
- attended by the host’s friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe a few fans of the artist
- performed by solo acts, duos and small groups
- performed with a very small sound system or no amplification. I will bring what I need.
- intimate — audiences sit close and are attentive
- stronger for artist merchandise sales than traditional venues
- willing to house and feed the artist for the night
That sounds great! How can I book you for a house concert?
Simply Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me where you are and how you first heard my music!